Sunday, July 6, 2008

Recommended Books

In my workshops, I love to recommend books. I also frequently get emails asking for book recommendations--for both kids and parents. The most common request is for books about sex. If I had to pare down the options to just three, this is what I would choose. One is for little kids, one for older ones, and one book is for parents. For now, I'm going to just post the book photos/links up, but in later posts I will review each book individually.

What's the Big Secret is my recommendation for any age. I DO recommend that you make up your own words with the younger kids, but the pictures are appropriate for any age. Toddlers in the potty-training years especially find the page with the boy & girl peeing quite interesting.



It's So Amazing is my recommendation for an older child, one who already knows some information and is now ready for more depth.



And for parents, I recommend From Diapers to Dating. It's a reference source and guide for all sorts of information about children and sexuality and development. The author is a minister, interestingly, and does address how to share your family values about sexuality with your kids as well.



There are many other good books, but these are my favorites. Happy Reading!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder! I had forgotten about these books since the class and could definitely use them now.