Monday, June 6, 2011

Research shows...

"It's more important to create the kind of relationship with your child where they feel comfortable coming to you for information, support, and guidance than it is to make sure they can get the right answers on a 20 question test about sexuality."

I say this all the time. It's about the relationship, NOT about having a perfect answer or a single smooth explanation to where babies come from. !

I know this from having read it from different sources many, many different times over the years, but my brain doesn't tend to hold on to details like "sources." (sigh) I say "research has found" without any way to, um, prove that research has found. However, as part of my goal of making a little Beyond Birds and Bees booklet, I'm getting my ducks in a row.

Here's a link that lists a ton of research that does indeed show that relationship and positive ongoing communication is the most important part. Click here.

No comments: