Monday, February 2, 2009

Reviews of Beyond Birds & Bees

Reviews of Beyond Birds & Bees

Parents who attended the Beyond Birds & Bees Workshop in the past had this to say:

"I walked into Katie's class knowing I'd learn a thing or two and walked out with cornerstone information that every parent should know. After completing the class, as if on cue, my kids did everything Katie said they'd do. Although I had never been down this road before, Katie gave me a map and a plan for getting through this part of parenting. So, when I heard my son and his friend giggling in the bathroom, I knew what to expect and how to respond appropriately." (Louise, mother of a 4 and 6 year old.)

"It helped me reflect on what was not discussed when I was growing up and how that affected me. I came away from the workshop ready to educate my son the way that I want to, rather than just letting him learn from peers or in health class." (Judy, mother of a 3 year old.)

"Since our kids are still small, I wasn't sure how this workshop would apply to us. But with all the conversations that started during my first child's potty-training, I realize this is the perfect time for us to create a family climate that welcomes questions and promotes open dialog." (Amy, mother of a 3 and 5 year old.)

"I learned so much from the workshop that I can't wait to take it again when my daughter gets a little older. It really boosts a parent's confidence to learn from a professional how to talk about sexuality with your kids! I now know how to answer questions that I would have stumbled over before. Thanks, Katie!" (Shelly, mother of a 3 year old)

"I'll be honest. There are about 10,000 things I'd rather do than read parenting books. I've done it, but only when I feel compelled. I care deeply about my role as a father, but just the thought of self-help makes me think of 12-step programs and situational narcolepsy. That's probably immature, but that's how I react. Anyway, this class offers a completely different experience. Other parents are there in a relaxed atmosphere sharing experiences, and Katie, an expert in child development, structures the discussion, ensuring that we cover all the essential topics. Even better, you practice responding to those questions or situations that come from left field and cause lots of uhh-ms, or the lame "that's a good question for your mother." It has already helped me respond wisely to my kids when they ask questions or do the things curious kids naturally do, so I definitely recommend it." (RT, father of 2)

“I think that every parent would get something from this.” (Jason, father to 2)

“So helpful & thought-provoking”

“Excellent presenter with great information”

“information is very clear… easy to take home and use!”

“No matter what your child’s age is, you will take home something valuable out of this class.”

“Every parent should take this class”

“… fantastic job. The Q & A and role plays are great!”

“The info provided was stuff we could go home and apply.”

“Casual, comfortable, fun environment”

“Valuable for any parent or caregiver.”

“Great open forum Q & A sessions. Got me thinking about situations I need to be prepared for.”

“Coming from a very uncommunicative upbringing, this class helped tremendously with putting things into perspective.”

“Extremely interesting and helpful. Learned a new term—‘vulva.’”

“you used words & language that made a touchy subject much less intimidating to discuss.”

“Loved it. Very thought and conversation-provoking.”

“It was too fun! We loved it!”

“I thought 3 hours would be too long, but we could’ve talked all evening!”

“Wonderful!”

Loved your style of teaching & your class content.”

“Very good class, handled tough questions well.”

“Excellent presentation. Class was very informative and exciting!”

“Role-playing games were great!”

“Great class—very open and straightforward.”

“The situations and role-playing were very helpful. The topic is so very helpful just to talk about. You are very comfortable to listen to. Thank you for having this class available.”

“You are the best presenter I’ve listened to!”



No comments: